Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lunch Crunch

My good friend and constant source of inspiration, Danny Williams , started up the idea of Lunch Crunch. I'm not entirely sure of the exact definition of "Lunch Crunch" as Danny sees it, but I like to think of it like this- Basically, you take an hour out of your day to do something creative and rewarding for yourself.. whether it be a drawing, painting, sculpting.. whatever. It's a chance for you to get some "me" time in, and hopefully learn a little something during that time. As an artist, I think remaining static is dangerous, we should all really be experimenting, learning, and absorbing information that will help us evolve in our careers. There is always someone better, stronger, and faster, and we all need to challenge ourselves to do better work to keep up with the next big thing. At the end of the day, we want to be the next big thing, and we need to put our money where our mouths are. That being said, I'm calling myself out. I havent spent nearly enough time in ZBrush as I should. This year I'm hoping to walk the walk and immerse myself in everything ZBrush. I adore the program, and I need to find time to show it some love. Here's a little crunch I did yesterday. It's just a bust, but I hope to do bigger and better things this year :)

No comments: