Sunday, February 24, 2008

The "gouache bug" bit me!

After Leo's class last semester, I didn't think I'd ever want to look at another tube of gouache again. But I sat down last night and decided to paint something for myself. I just love the challenge this media presents, and I'm excited to experiment with it and see what it can do for me. 
Here are some topiaries I painted for my mom for her birthday

I have a -stunning- Liquid amber tree outside of my living room window, and I've always wanted to paint it. I'm pretty excited about how this turned out :) 
I'm really quite pleased with how all of these turned out, considering this was the first time I've tried painting trees with gouache. But I know I still have alot to improve upon ;)  Enjoy! 

3 comments:

Shane said...

these look great honey!!!! Cant wait to see how your painting skills develop.

Janine Chang said...

Loving the white tree! Very unique :-)

henry yu said...

symmetry is MY best friend too.